These ridiculously easy Weight Watchers-friendly muffins have been a favorite of mine for a good ten years or more. I learned about them at one of my very first Weight Watchers meetings. I know there are already a ton of copies of this recipe floating around the web, but I am posting it anyway for those of our readers who are not familiar with this trusty old recipe.
And if you aren’t following Weight Watchers or watching your waistline, don’t dismiss these muffins. Even my husband and our kids enjoy them….although they would probably prefer I made bigger muffins. 🙂
When I make these, I usually bake them on a Sunday evening and then store in a big Ziplock for us to enjoy all week for work day breakfasts. They also freeze well; just thaw however many you want the night before, then warm up in the microwave (if you want warm muffins) for 20 seconds.
- 1 box of spice cake mix (I buy whatever brand is on sale)
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dump the cake mix and pumpkin into a large mixing bowl (do NOT add eggs, water, or whatever else the cake mix normally call for).
- Use a hand or standing mixer to beat together until well blended and creamy.
- Spoon batter into lined-cupcake/muffin pans (divide evenly between 20 muffins).
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Start checking them at 20 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick comes out dry when inserted.
- Remove lined-muffins from pan to cool.
What is the filling in the top picture?