This is a gest post from our good friend Robin!
I threw a few red pepper flakes into the spaghetti sauce to spice it up a little. Comments from the family: “The bomb!” “Next time add some ground beef to it.” “Wow, this tastes just like lasagna.” The leftovers were even better. YUM!
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce (I used Ragu Light)
- ¾ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¾ eggplant, sliced ½ inch thick
- The original recipe said to grill the eggplant on the Foreman Grill, which I don’t own so I roasted them in the oven after spraying them with a little olive oil. I think next time, for the flavor, I’ll grill them slightly on the outdoor grill.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray. Put eggplant on bottom of pan. Mix cottage cheese and mozzarella and spread over eggplant. Top with one cup of spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 mins.