Like our turkey cranberry wreath, and our Leaner Broccoli Ham Ring, this is another Pampered Chef classic that I lightened up to make it more Weight Watchers friendly. I made this for dinner last night, and my family wolfed it down. Both kids agree that this is their favorite of the three Pampered Chef ring/wreath recipes that I’ve made, and my 18 year old niece asks my mom (her grandma) to make this dish every year for my niece’s birthday dinner.
I hadn’t actually planned to post this one so quickly after our last Pampered Chef ring recipe, but several of my friends requested the recipe today after seeing the photo I posted on Facebook last night.
The filling is pretty flexible. Lean ground beef can be used instead, but we had stocked up on lean ground turkey when it went on sale at our local grocery store last month. The original recipe doesn’t call for onion and green peppers in the filling, but my husband and I wanted a bit more crunch.
Fill the center of your cooked ring with the toppings of your choice; I went with a chilled black bean and corn salad.
A Lighter Version of Pampered Chef's Taco RingWeight Watchers: 9 PointsPlus per serving (ring only; toppings are extra). Approximately 2 crescent triangles per stuffed sandwich.Recipe type: Main CourseCuisine: SouthwestServes: 8Ingredients
- 1 pound 97% lean ground turkey
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped green peppers
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 4 ounces reduced fat Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tubes (16 rolls total) reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten, for washInstructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef with onion and green peppers in large skillet, breaking into crumbles. Drain any grease or liquid, then remove from heat.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix, cheese, and the water. Mix well and set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on a 13 inch round baking stone with wide ends of triangles overlapping in the center and points toward the outside. (There should be a 5-inch diameter opening in the center of stone.)
- Scoop filling evenly over the widest end of each crescent roll triangle in the ring, then finish assembling the ring by bringing the outside points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (Filling will not be completely covered.) Brush wreath with egg white.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Fill cooked ring center with toppings of choice, such as: shredded lettuce, salsa, chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, sour cream, or a black bean and corn salad.3.2.2499
This is super!
I made it last night and we (me and fiance) loved it. Than you so much for sharing!!!
I am going to make this for my Church Homegroup!
Love the pictorial;really clarifies any questions about the procedure regarding the croissants placing.
Do you have the recipe for the chilled corn and black bean salad over spring greens that you used in the middle? It looks delicious and perfect to go with the Taco Ring.
Here is the link to our Black Bean and Corn Salad. I’ve also updated the post to include it: http://www.thetasteplace.com/2011/08/29/recipe-makeover-a-lighter-version-of-giadas-black-bean-and-corn-salad/
Looks yummmmmmy! Can’t wait to try it for the family Sunday lunch!
Pingback: Lighter Healthier Taco Ring Recipe