I have been hooked big time on brussels sprouts, since first trying them out for a Christmas dinner party in 2010. I can’t get enough of them.
My family’s favorite way to eat them is with bacon and butter, but that method is just too high in fat and calories for me to cook except for special holiday dinners. Fortunately, Hubby and the kids are still pretty pleased with this much leaner recipe by Gina over at SkinnyTaste.com. While they’ll always choose bacon and butter when given the choice, we all do enjoy the surprising amount of flavor packed into this skinnier version.
- 1 lb brussels sprouts (outer leaves removed and washed)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Finely shred the brussels sprouts after thoroughly washing.
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil.
- Add shallots and sauté about 2 minutes, add garlic and saute until golden.
- Add brussels sprouts, salt and pepper and sauté on medium-low for about 4-5 minutes.