I have been a big fan of Pampered Chef products for a good decade or so. I love the in-home cooking and product demo concept. Their recipes are easy and usually pretty simple — geared towards busy cooking moms.
But, even after all these years of sampling Pampered Chef dishes, their stuffed crescent roll shapes remain my favorite. Whether you choose to convert a couple tubes of crescent rolls into a wreath, a ring, or a braid, all of these variations taste great and provide a really kid-friendly economical way to convert just about any assortment of leftovers into a fun new meal. This turkey cranberry wreath helped me stretch our leftover Thanksgiving turkey into another meal that didn’t feel like “leftover Thanksgiving turkey” to my kids or husband.
When I am trying to eat more healthy, though, I usually steer clear of Pampered Chef dishes since they do tend to be a bit high on the fat and calorie counts. But, I found that incorporating a few easy substitutions brought the dish within my Weight Watchers PointsPlus range. I used white meat turkey, reduced-fat cheese, fat-free mayonnaise, and reduced-fat crescent rolls. Hubby and the kids said it didn’t even taste healthy (which, I guess, is a compliment!).
At 10 PointsPlus per serving, it is still on the higher end of my Weight Watchers meal range, but this isn’t something that I plan to make every single week. And paired with a side salad, a single serving is quite filling.
Leaner Turkey Cranberry Wreath
Servings: 8 (approximately 2 crescent triangles per stuffed sandwich)
Weight Watchers: 10 PointsPlus per serving
- 2 cups light meat turkey, chopped or shredded (no skin)
- 5 ounces reduced fat Swiss cheese, shredded or diced up
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tubes (16 rolls total) reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten, for wash
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In medium sized mixing bowl, combine turkey, cheese, celery, cranberries, parsley, mayonnaise, mustard and pepper. Mix well. Set aside while preparing the crescent roll wreath (Real Mom Kitchen provides excellent step-by-step instructions), braid or ring.
- Scoop filling evenly over the crescent roll wreath, then finish assembling the wreath. Brush wreath with egg white.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.