Looking for fun easy ideas holiday treats that your kids can make on their own with minimal supervision?
These are two of our own kids’ favorites to make as gifts for their friends every Christmas season. We pick one weekend each December to convert our house into a candy shop. The kids spread waxed paper all over the kitchen table and counters and whip up batches of sugary sweets and savories to package into Christmas gift bags and deliver to their friends at school.
- 1 bag of butterscotch morsels
- 1 bag of fried chowmein noodles
- Microwave morsels in a medium size microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat at 15 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Gradually fold in chowmein noodles in batches, making sure the noodles are evenly coated by butterscotch.
- Using two spoons, shape together haystacks and drop on wax paper to dry. Our son actually opted to use his (clean and washed) hands to mold the haystacks this year.
- 2 bags (12 oz.) of chocolate morels (either white chocolate or milk chocolate)
- 1 bag (1 pound) of mini pretzels
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Microwave 1 bag of morsels in a medium size microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat at 15 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Using tongs, dip each pretzel and coat with chocolate. Lay on wax paper to harden and dry. Decorate with sprinkles immediately (optional), before the chocolate starts to dry.