Some recipes are so simple, yet are always a hit at potlucks, parties, and picnics. This longtime traditional spinach dip is one of those. My sister-in-law has been bringing this to Thanksgiving, Christmas, and every other family get-together for as long as I can remember. And the whole family wolfs it down fast (it’s been eaten up, sometimes, before I even get out there). The one or two times she hasn’t made it over the years, everybody asked about it.
I love that this simple appetizer can be made ahead of time, even the night before, and kept chilled until ready to serve. It goes great with any of your favorite dippers: vegetables (if you’re watching fat or carbs), chunks or slices of bread, crackers, or chips. If you want to fancy it up, serve it in a sourdough bread bowl.
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, cooked, cooled and squeezed dry
- 1 container (16 oz.) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package Knorr® Vegetable recipe mix
- 1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)
- 3 green onions, chopped (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and chill about 2 hours.
- Serve with your favorite dippers: Vegetables, bread bites, crackers, chips, etc.