Soft gooey buttery rolls, combined with melted cheese and warm ham. Does this make your mouth water? It should! These super easy ham and cheese sliders are simply scrumptious. We could probably have skinnied this down more, by using light margarine, lean ham, and Splenda brown sugar substitute — but we didn’t. I decided it was worth 10 Weight Watchers PointsPlus for two sliders.
I made these with equally fabulous Emeril’s broccoli cheese soup, and the kids wolfed them down. To keep the calories down, pair with a side salad, clear broth soup, or a big juicy wedge of fresh watermelon. These would also be great for brunch.
- 12 whole Hawaiian Rolls, Split
- 12 slices Deli Ham (we used thin honey ham)
- 6 slices Deli Provolone Cheese, Halved (we used Sargento Ultra Thin)
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1-½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1-½ teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ teaspoons Poppy Seeds (we omitted these, just our preference)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick foil. Assemble the sandwiches with a slice of ham and a half slice of cheese on the bottom half of each roll and top with the top half of the roll. Place the assembled sandwiches close together on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine the butter, sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Microwave until the butter is just melted, about 30-60 seconds. Add the poppy seeds and stir until combined.
- Drizzle the butter mixture evenly over the sandwiches. Bake in the oven until the cheese has melted and the butter mixture starts to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Serve warm.