I really enjoy making brunch for my husband and family on weekend days when we aren’t rushing off to a hike or to church. But we’re all big fans of sleeping in, so I am always on the lookout for dishes that don’t require me to get up early to prepare. Because if Hubby and kids are sleeping in, I better get to sleep in too :-).
This recipe is super quick and easy (I can get it fully assembled by the time the oven heats up), uses just four ingredients (yay!), and is positively delicious. It’s been a big hit with the whole family. I slimmed the original recipe down by substituting lighter ingredients, but even this lighter version tastes fattening. We have tried it with both regular sugar and Splenda, and no one could tell the difference. Serve it with fresh fruit for a full breakfast.
- 1pkg. (8 oz.) reduced fat refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) reduced fat PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, softened
- 2Tbsp. sugar or Splenda sweetener
- ½ cup blueberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Unroll dough into four rectangles; firmly press perforations together to seal.
- Combine Neufchatel and sugar; spread onto dough rectangles to within ½ inch of edges. Top evenly with blueberries. Bring opposite corners of rectangles together; press together to seal. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 11 to 13 min. or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.