Pumpkin is one of my very favorite flavors of fall and winter. I can’t get enough of it. And while pumpkin — like all squash — makes for a very healthy high-fiber low-fat dish, when converted into dessert form (in particular, my mom’s awesome pumpkin pie) it totally blows any attempts at practicing self-control, and I pay for it on the scale throughout the Thanksgiving and Christmas season.
Fortunately, I learned about this fabulous light airy delicious pumpkin mousse recipe at a Weight Watchers meeting a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away. When I hit Lifetime years ago (I’m a backslidden Lifetimer), this wonderful easy dessert literally saved my butt every holiday season. This recipe somehow got lost from my regular holiday cooking repertoire, so I had to hunt around on the Weight Watchers forums to find it again. And it’s just as yummy as I remember it being.
- 2 small packages of instant sugar-free vanilla pudding
- 2 cups of no-fat (skim) milk
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin
- 8 ounces of fat-free Cool Whip
- Prepare pudding as directed, with the 2 cups of skim milk, in medium bowl.
- Fold in the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve, or chill until ready to serve.