Potatoes are one of my very favorite foods — true for my entire family. I could eat them every single day, prepared any way. My husband discovered this simple easy recipe and slimmed it down for me. The potatoes come out perfect. So flavorful and crispy.
These pair very well with beef, pork, chicken, or fish. Enjoy!
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- ½ large yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-/12 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes into one-inch cubes (halves or quarters for the small potatoes, several more cuts for the larger ones). Place potatoes into a large plastic bag with a zipper seal. Peel onion and cut in half. Slice crosswise to about ¼ inch thickness to make half rounds and add to bag.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper to bag; seal, and toss together. This can be prepped a few hours in advance and left in the plastic bag until ready to roast.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spread potatoes and onions onto pan. Bake for 50 minutes to an hour; until potatoes are lightly browned on the outside and tender on the inside. Toss the potatoes occasionally to prevent sticking and for even browning.
- Serve immediately.