Warm gooey cheesy heart-warming spinach and artichoke dip is one of my favorite party dips. I say party because I require more people than just our immediate family in order to make this usually fattening dip. Me?…I personally could make a meal out of it. So, I do indeed restrict myself to strictly “entertaining” situations.
However, like many dinner or game day parties, I am usually running around the kitchen like mad making sure all dishes-in-progress are cooking along in perfect harmony. So any party recipe that can be prepared in a crockpot ahead of time wins big time points in my book. Extra points if it’s a big hit with my guests. And this dip definitely falls in that category.
Whether you are hosting or attending a football party or holiday party, this dish will become your favorite go-to appetizer. It’s easy, cheap, convenient and delicious.
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (9-ounce) bag baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 T jalapeno slices, chopped
- Use a smaller 4-quart crockpot. Drain and chop artichoke hearts, and add to the crockpot. Scrunch the spinach and chop it the best you can—mostly try to get the long stems off if you can. Add to the crockpot. Add mayo, sour cream, and chopped jalapenos. Top with ½ cup each shredded mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, or high for 1 hour. Stir. The spinach should begin to welt. When the spinach is totally wilted, take the lid off and add the other ½ cup of each cheese, and let it melt while the lid remains off. The spinach will have created some liquid that doesn’t really need to be in there, just stir it well.
- Serve with your favorite chips, sliced veggies, or bread cubes.