I am always on the lookout for quick, easy, convenient, yet tasty work day lunchtime options (I try to only eat out a couple times a month). I’m guilty of eating in my office most days, while working through lunch, so anything that doesn’t require me to walk to the staff kitchen to heat up leftovers or a frozen entree is a definite plus. And I’m really not a sandwich person — unless someone else is willing to make a good sandwich for me.
I also try to find ways to use up every last bit of leftovers from our dinners.
This easy salad is an excellent solution for meeting both sets of needs. Any leftover cooked chicken will suffice (white or dark meat), but I tend to go with leftovers when we make ourr fabulous slow cooker chicken tacos, which get frozen into individual serving size ziplocks. I can make the dressing the night before, let the frozen corn thaw overnight, and just grab everything when I’m running out the door to work.
- 1 cup mixed spring greens
- 3 ounces leftover Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Tacos meat, chilled (or substitute cooked boneless chicken chicken thighs, chilled)
- ⅛ cup frozen corn, thawed
- ⅛ cup reduced-fat cheddar or Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. fat-free salsa
- 1 Tbsp. fat-free sour cream
- In a small bowl or cup, mix together salsa and cream cheese.
- Top mixed greens with cooked chilled chicken, corn, and cheese.
- Drizzle creamy salsa dressing over the salad, and enjoy.