Still trying to put together your Thanksgiving menu?
Listed below is a collection of our favorite holiday Thanksgiving recipes.
Thanksgiving is my favorite meal of the year, because it’s filled with nothing but comfort foods and dishes we just don’t cook every day. Fortunately for us, Jeff and I have at last two full Thanksgiving dinners every year since our families are not all able to get together for just one meal. So, we get to enjoy an even wider variety of dishes than normal (the carrots are the only dish we are making for both dinners this year).
- Smoked Turkey: This is the only way I will ever allow turkey to be cooked in my home again. So juicy, and the carcass makes the most incredible stock.
- Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes: Nothing complements a barbecue quite like bourbon and sweet potatoes. Can almost pass for dessert!
- Slow Cooker Creamy Mac and Cheese: The kids and grown-ups in our family insist on this every party. So easy, and so cheesy.
- Slow Cooker Creamy Mac and Cheese (Light): A more Weight Watchers-frienldy (4 Points) version that does not sacrifice a single bite of flavor.
- Whiskey Glazed Carrots: A vegetable dish that keeps the kids asking for seconds and thirds.
- Boursin Stuffed Mushrooms: Tender mushrooms filled with warm creamy cheese and herbs.
- Marinated and Grilled Artichokes: You’ll never go back to steamed artichokes again.
- Smoked Salmon Dip: An easy sure fire way to impress the heck out of your party guests.